Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Just installed SFC's

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 01:12 PM

Just installed SFC's

I just installed a set of SLP subframe connectors on my 94 Z-28. I bought the weld on set, but was going to bolt them up instead of welding. Well, I really underestimated this project. Couldn't get bolt holes to line up properly and had to do a lot grinding and fitting to get them to work. Finally got them bolted on and gave it a test run. After every thing checked out ok, I decided to weld them in place also to make sure they don't loosen up or move and make it that much stonger. Anyway, what a difference the SFC's made. Car rides much stiffer, no flex and eliminated about 90% of rattles and noise. I highly recommend installing SFC's to anyone who is thinking about it. One of the best and most noticable mods I have done.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:23 PM

Re: Just installed SFC's

Originally Posted by Fireballxls
I just installed a set of SLP subframe connectors on my 94 Z-28. I bought the weld on set, but was going to bolt them up instead of welding. Well, I really underestimated this project. Couldn't get bolt holes to line up properly and had to do a lot grinding and fitting to get them to work. Finally got them bolted on and gave it a test run. After every thing checked out ok, I decided to weld them in place also to make sure they don't loosen up or move and make it that much stonger. Anyway, what a difference the SFC's made. Car rides much stiffer, no flex and eliminated about 90% of rattles and noise. I highly recommend installing SFC's to anyone who is thinking about it. One of the best and most noticable mods I have done.
haha yeah , u should def weld them up there