Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Konis/Strano Springs Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 08:20 PM

Konis/Strano Springs Installed!

Finally after they sat in the garage for 2 months, I got the shocks, springs, and panhard bar installed (as well as new ball joints and tie-rods.) They set the front and rear to 4 turns from full firm. I drove the 40 miles home with it like that on Friday. I just set the rears to full soft, so tomorrow on the way to work I'll see how much better they feel. Besides the rear adjustment, the car drives beautifully. I like that I don't have to take turns like an 80 year old woman in a Town Car...Although my headers scrap horribly when I pull into my driveway now. I have pull in at like 1/2 of a mile per hour..

After the long winded explanation, the car is awesome now!
Old 07-28-2008, 09:36 AM

stiffen up the rears a little bit. Full soft is too weak. Half turn from full soft is where your going to like it. Even with an LS1, all the weight is in the front of the car.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by slomarao
stiffen up the rears a little bit. Full soft is too weak.
Agreed . I started with -4 sweeps in the front, and full soft in the rear (3rd-gen SA's). I've since played around with the shocks (both front and back, tightening them right up, then softening them again) and I've got the fronts back to -4 sweeps, and the rears bumped up to ~25% (on the 3rd-gen shocks, it's the 2nd of 4 possible settings).

The Strano suspension makes the car ride beautifully on the road (it's how the cars should have come from the factory in the first place!) and I also track my car (road courses) and it's been working pretty damn good out there too .