Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Launch Problems! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 09:11 AM

Launch Problems! Help!

I have subframe connectors, QA1's on the front with the 275lb. springs, a floor mounted TA, Hoosier slicks, and an airbag in the right rear. I fill the airbag up to 25 lbs. and the car still twists really badly. The left front is up about 6 inches and the right is still on the ground. My 60's are ok at 1.49 but I know there is more to get if I can just launch straight. I put my stock swaybar back on the rear and it seemed to help slightly. It is tweaked a bit to preload the rt rear some. Maybe the stock arm is too small to really help. I have 50/50's in the rear and have considered some double adjustables back there. Is that the only thing I'm missing or are there other things I can do to get rid of the body roll other than an anti roll bar?
Old 09-11-2006, 05:51 PM

Re: Launch Problems! Help!

well, if you're serious about racing you could get a 6-point. that'll definitely help. what kind of subframes do you have??? double diamonds or jsut the ones that follow the door trim? doubles are better IMO because they tie more together.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:32 PM

Chris,
You will need to add more air to the right rear airbag. Have someone stand behind your car and watch when you launch. Keep adding air (5 lbs at a time) untill it leaves level. Video would help. I'm running 30 lbs in mine.

I looked at a picture of your car and there is alot of seperation on the left rear. You may want to try it with the stock rear shocks. LCA relocation/anti-squat brackets may help.
I'm not sure what you are talking about when you said "It is tweaked a bit to preload the rt rear some".
Your 60ft is very good. You may not pick up any ET.
Mike

BTW ...... I live down by Kings Island.

Last edited by Mike Comp T/A #57; 09-12-2006 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:01 PM

Thanks Mike,
I'm in Beavercreek. Howdy neighbor! Anyway, I'm gearing up for the new ATI converter I have coming later this week. It's gonna 60 like a mother if I can get it to hook. This motor makes peak torque at 5200 and peak hp at 6300. It needs more converter than the current Edge I'm running. My concern is this new power off the line may be hard to harness if the body is twisting like it is. I will try the 30 lbs in the bag to start, and I was wondering if this might work too. If I were to compress the left front spring effectively reducing the available travel, and leave the right front alone with more travel, would that help? I would have more stored energy in the right front and it would be easier to lift with less compression wouldn't it?

The tweak with the swaybar is with spacers on the right rear to "push" the bar down and pre-load that side.

I only have the round single frame tie and not the added crossbars btw.

Thanks for the ideas and help.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:26 PM

Have you considered one of these?

http://www.spohn.net/product.cfm?productid=1437