Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

LCA Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 11:56 PM

LCA Install

How hard is it to install LCA's?? Will i also have to get the relocation bracket and also my car is not lowered.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:03 AM

Re: LCA Install

if you get the LCA's you should probably get relocation brackets. I would say you should probably be able to install bolt on relocation brackets and LCA's in 1-2hrs.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:39 AM

it should take MAX 30 minutes to change the LCA's and to add relocation brakets at the same time should be 10 more mines MAX.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:24 AM

installing lca is easy do one side at a time and support the rear axle simple bolt in and out operation. relocation brackets require welding if you don't have access to a welder it will make this imposible to do simple. you will need to pull the rear and take to be welded, you CAN NOT bolt in lca relocation brackets. you don't really need them either unless you have alot of wheel hop. since you are not lowered.reloc brackets do 2 things help realing pinion angle after lowering springs and reduce wheel hop.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffw
you CAN NOT bolt in lca relocation brackets.
WRONG

You CAN get bolt in relocation brakets, and in some cases are BETTER then welding them in, but it depends what your doing with you car.

Also, they help reduce wheel hope [b]BEACUASE[/b} they correct instant center.
When stock hight they will still help, but put it in the higher hole.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffw
installing lca is easy do one side at a time and support the rear axle simple bolt in and out operation. relocation brackets require welding if you don't have access to a welder it will make this imposible to do simple. you will need to pull the rear and take to be welded, you CAN NOT bolt in lca relocation brackets. you don't really need them either unless you have alot of wheel hop. since you are not lowered.reloc brackets do 2 things help realing pinion angle after lowering springs and reduce wheel hop.
I think I'll just stick to the LCA's and stick to my stock brackets. Will i need the new relocation brackets if i lower my car later on...?
Old 09-12-2004, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by LetMeBurnU
I think I'll just stick to the LCA's and stick to my stock brackets. Will i need the new relocation brackets if i lower my car later on...?
Please dont listen to Jeffw, he doesnt know what he is talking about.

just LCA's will help, esspeicial in stock trim still.
you can always get the relocation brakets later, its best to phone the company that makes the ones you wnt and ask them if the welded or bolted is best for your aplication.
Old 09-12-2004, 03:18 PM

There are bolt on Relocation brackets. Most people don't get them though because they are more expensive. I have bolt on ones i got off the board here pretty cheap. I've heard you want your LCA's to be running parallel to the ground for the best traction. Mine with out LCA's went like this / obviously not that radical but the rear end side was higher than the body side. Thats why i got relocation brackets. So i guess its how your car sits.