Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

LCA Relocation brackets causing wheelhop? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 06:22 PM

LCA Relocation brackets causing wheelhop? HELP!

Ever since I did the T56 swap/rear end swap, wheel hop has been really bad, enough so that I dont like to spin up the tires because of it. The only thing that isnt stock back there are the gears, shocks (hals), and the relocation brackets. Anyone else running relocation brackets on stock lca's? Maybe it is causing them to bind or something, but either way, I need to get this fixed.

I have bolt on relocation brackets I believe (they came on the rear end when I bought it), so before I go unbolting, I'd like to know others experience.

Thanks,
James
Old 08-04-2005, 07:03 PM

Re: LCA Relocation brackets causing wheelhop? HELP!

I had a similar problem with my car but I was running slicks also. I ended up changing out the stock LCA's with some Spohn ones with poly ends. Helped but didnt really fix the problem. I added C/E adjustable shocks to the back and this seemed to help a bit but I still had wheel hop off the line. I found that the position of the LCA's was too low for my car. I eventually tried several track runs in different postions and found that the further away from the stock location I went the worse the problem got but in the stock location I had no wheel hop at all.

Try taking them back to the stock location. if the car is not lowered its probably causing the hop.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Re: LCA Relocation brackets causing wheelhop? HELP!

Suspension topics don't belong in "LT1 Engine Tech"..... Moving to "Suspension.....