Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

LCA's and relocation brackets

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 09:30 AM

I bough them with my lower control arms. i figured they couldnt hurt, and what do ya know, my wheel hop is completely eliminated. Now if i could just stop spinning maybe i would go somewhere. My tires are **** these days
Old 11-16-2006, 02:15 PM

You can. You can position the control arm in the stock, 2" lower or 3" lower positions.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by TA-Body
The logic seems simple to me, how can lowering the angle an inch or two hurt? I wish you could set the LCAs to the stock location with the brackets, so that you could compare the difference.
I'd like to see at least a half dozen different cars with 6 runs each, 3 with stock brackets and 3 withJUST the relocation brackets to be able to say with some confidence that the brackets do work. I was contemplating getting some because everyone seems to think they work. but I'm building a Stock Eliminator type car so i checked with quite a few Stock Eliminator guys and the majority of them say they don't work.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:29 PM

Oh, I didn't know that. I thought you had to bolt the brackets on with the stock holes, and then weld them.

I will make a comparison test then.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:31 PM

You bolt them on using the stock holes for positioning to weld them on. If you don't use the stock location then you need to put in the spacer to prevent the bracket from buckeling when you put the bolt in. If you put the arm in the stock location you just wont use the spacer they provide. Just don't lose it if you decide to go to a lower mounting hole.

As for "does it work". It's plain physics. If it doesn't work then the laws of physics don't work and the whole world is coming to an end so who really cares about 60' times. If you have more power being directed to the ground and you don't improve your 60' time then it's something else in your setup that is causing a problem. As for cornering and handling, LCA relocation doesn't affect this at all. It's not moving your axle anyway, it maintains the stock position and the stock geometry through it's entire range of motion. If it feels like it's affecting your cornering then it's probably just the added traction and less lift you are feeling.

I'm not trying to bash anyone, just stating the facts. Just in this case, the facts are in the physics and not what someone says works or doesn't work. Arguing the point doesn't say that anyone here is wrong, it's saying that Mr. Isaac Newton is wrong.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by pwirch
As for "does it work". It's plain physics. If it doesn't work then the laws of physics don't work and the whole world is coming to an end so who really cares about 60' times.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:26 PM

it's better for launch but hurts rear traction in hard turning transitions and high speed turning