Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

LG C5 brake upgrade install ***pics***

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 12:04 AM

LG C5 brake upgrade install ***pics***

Well I just got my LG C5 upgrade brackets and found that there are no instructions !! I did a search on this and other boards, but could not find anything with a good description, or pics of the install. So I decided to save the next guy a little bit of grief by taking a few pics and giving a little description of what I did.

First off this is what i got to do the upgrade.

The lg bracket kit came with..
Left and right adapter brackets
4 new mounting bolts (2 same size as stock and 2 that are a little shorter)

Then I ordered a set of C5 spec. power slot rotors, but any C5 spec. rotor will work. (front set only. the rear is still stock f-body size)

I also got a front set of F-BODY SPEC performance friction brake pads.

When i started the install i used the bake pad and rotor install instructions from
www.installuniversity.com
The only difference is that you have an extra 2 bolts and bracket per side.

Ok... pics of the bracket.

The 2 brackets are mirrored images of each other. These pics show one bracket from the front and back

This pic shows the two different size bolts the LG kit comes with. Also the stock size bolts are 18mm, but the Bolts in the LG kit are 17mm

These pics just show the size difference from the f-body rotors to the C5 rotors.

Ok there are the money pics, they show how the LG adapter bracket mounts to the stock F-body pad bracket. And how the LG adapter bracket mounts to the stock knuckle mounts.
(You fear my mad crazy MS paint skillz)

I used the old stock bolts to mount the two brackets together, and the new bolts that came with the LG kit to mount the two brackets to the stock knuckle mounts. I also labeled the location of the shorter bolt.

that should do it... just make sure that every thing is torqued down correctly, and that you use some thread lock on all the bolts. then bed the new pads and rotors and your all set.

let me know if you have any questions or comments.

o ya... the after pics..

Old 06-26-2004, 05:29 PM

Looks good! What's the price on the LG kit?
I've had Performance Friction pads before, they aren't that great.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:02 AM

nice pics... are those under 17" wheels or 18"? They sure fill the wheel better than my LT1 rotors under 17" ZR1's

I'll have Bob's brackets in a month or so they I can roll the killer C5 rotors too!
Old 06-30-2004, 01:11 AM

Looks good!