Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Lowered suspension modicications????

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 04:50 PM

Lowered suspension modicications????

What else is needed to be modified when instaling drop springs? I have a set of 4 BMR drop coils and I heard that you will need to modify things like the sway bar end links, LCA relocation brackets and things of that nature. Is there any true to these myths? I already have the LCAs, panhard rod SFCs and a Torque Arm to install also and Im about to start the build this week. Is there anything that I need to be prepared for (surprises) or is it pretty strait forward
Old 06-27-2005, 05:36 PM

Re: Lowered suspension modicications????

LCA relocation brackets are gonna help with traction but are not needed to make the car drive and handle safely. Some people like to use an adjustable panhard rod to center the axle, but since BMR has one of the smallest drop you probably won't need one. No sway bar changes are neccessary. Most people like to pick a good set of shocks (at least fronts) b/c it is time consuming to change them out.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:01 PM

The previous post summed it up pretty well.
I wouldn't put stiffer springs on the stock shocks, the damping of the old DeCarbons won't be adequate for the BMR springs and its too big of a job to do twice if you don't have to.
Also I would recommend an alignment after installing lowering springs.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:39 PM

I think Bud M mis-typed...he and I would recommend replacing your shocks to match your springs. Talk with Sam Strano at Stranoparts.com; great advise from a knowledgable guy.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:58 PM

You will be very happy with the BMR springs. I just had a set installed on my car and the improvement in handling is great.

Like stated before, get some shocks if you still have the Decarbons, you will most likely need an adjustable panhard. The relo brackets are useful if you're looking to fine tune your launches at the track. But if you're just daily driving, they're probably not essential.