Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Lowering ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by hairbear21
Are the SS/1LE springs lower than stock? If so, how much?
1LE won't. SS springs lower it 1/2-3/4" depending on which springs you get
Old 03-29-2010, 07:37 PM

I will have to remember that, if the Konis don't get me to where I want to be. Where is a good place to get SS springs?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by 6SpdLT1Z
1LE won't. SS springs lower it 1/2-3/4" depending on which springs you get
Not any of the factory SS springs. Only some of the optional SLP springs lower the ride height.

Last edited by bluz28; 05-04-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:57 AM

Well, I finally have the Konis on the front. The rears have been backordered, so I am still waiting on those.
After talking to Sam, boy am I glad that I spent the money on the Konis! I no longer have to grit my teeth waiting to hit a bump, and these things are so responsive it's ridiculous! The dive under hard braking is gone, as is every bad trait that the stockers had. I am going off of 15-year-old DeCarbons for reference, so I think anything would feel better, but I love the feel of the Konis so far, and with having the stockers on the rear still, I can definitely feel the difference. I did use the lower spring perch position, and I would say that if I got a 3/4" drop, that would be generous. The nice thing is that doing so put the car EXACTLY where I wanted it. It's not too low, but it doesn't have a huge gap in the wheel well anymore. I was going to do the hose mod on the rear, but after looking at it, I may wind up putting the rear too low, so I am going to leave it alone. I don't have any rake, which is surprising, but it does look very good now.
Thanks to everyone here for the advice, and thanks to Sam Strano for the advice!
Old 01-16-2011, 10:16 PM

Re: Lowering ??

Originally Posted by hairbear21
Well, I finally have the Konis on the front. The rears have been backordered, so I am still waiting on those.
After talking to Sam, boy am I glad that I spent the money on the Konis! I no longer have to grit my teeth waiting to hit a bump, and these things are so responsive it's ridiculous! The dive under hard braking is gone, as is every bad trait that the stockers had. I am going off of 15-year-old DeCarbons for reference, so I think anything would feel better, but I love the feel of the Konis so far, and with having the stockers on the rear still, I can definitely feel the difference. I did use the lower spring perch position, and I would say that if I got a 3/4" drop, that would be generous. The nice thing is that doing so put the car EXACTLY where I wanted it. It's not too low, but it doesn't have a huge gap in the wheel well anymore. I was going to do the hose mod on the rear, but after looking at it, I may wind up putting the rear too low, so I am going to leave it alone. I don't have any rake, which is surprising, but it does look very good now.
Thanks to everyone here for the advice, and thanks to Sam Strano for the advice!
OK I did read this whole thread, but what's the 'hose mod on the rear'???
Old 01-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Re: Lowering ??

Originally Posted by 350350
OK I did read this whole thread, but what's the 'hose mod on the rear'???
In order to drop the rear of the car another 1/2" or so, the spring is pulled out, the top rubber spring seat/isolator is removed, and the top of the spring has a rubber hose slipped over the coil so there is not metal-to-metal contact between the top of the spring and the chassis.