Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 05:45 AM

Lowering Springs

I'm looking to lower my Z due to my new tires and Wheels combo. I put C-6 corvette wheels and tires on, and I have to much clearence between the top of my tires and the fender lip. Front fender I have over 2 1/2" and the rear has just over an 1 1/2" . I'm thinking about Eibach, one kit is 1.3" at the front and rear, and the other is 1.8 front and rear. Has anyone used either of these kits. Pro or sportline ? Any other thoughts on lowering springs besides Eibach ? Thanks for any suggestions
Old 08-13-2011, 12:49 AM

Re: Lowering Springs

The Eibachs Pro-kit for the 93-97 V8 F-body is your best choice with Eibach lowering springs (best spring rates, ride and handling ), but the rear spring have a tendency to sag and/or bend. Imo, Vogtland lowering spring offer better spring rates and don't sag, and lower around 1.2". You can also get them for under $200.

PM sent.

Last edited by bluz28; 08-13-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by jcl69cam
I'm looking to lower my Z due to my new tires and Wheels combo. I put C-6 corvette wheels and tires on, and I have to much clearence between the top of my tires and the fender lip. Front fender I have over 2 1/2" and the rear has just over an 1 1/2" . I'm thinking about Eibach, one kit is 1.3" at the front and rear, and the other is 1.8 front and rear. Has anyone used either of these kits. Pro or sportline ? Any other thoughts on lowering springs besides Eibach ? Thanks for any suggestions
Why did the gap between the tire and the fender open up? You should have chosen tire sizes that match the stock tires with regard to outside diameter. If you do that, there is no change in the gap, and the speedo does not have to be corrected in the PCM.

Yes, the stock gap is too large, but putting new wheels/tires should not have changed it.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:05 AM

I have c6 wheels on my 02 z28. They are 18" rims front and back. I just replaced the shocks/struts and put the eibac 1.2 lowering springs on yesterday. Car looks awsome but be careful if you have bigger wheels like mine. Everytime I hit a dip in the road my back tires bottom out against the wheel wells. Not sure if I am going to like it or not. My car had 110K plus mile on the stock equipment so ride is a lot better and the steering has tighned up, so I amn happy with that. I did also notice that it has killed my turn radius since the tires are now hitting the front wheel wells and pan handle bar quicker. I can live with that. This is my experince so just be careful with what you install.