Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Lowering Springs ang shocks

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 01:50 PM

Lowering Springs ang shocks

I've searched but would like more input. I'm looking at lowering the old SS and would like advice. I don't autoX but I am looking to improve handling. I don't really drag race so I don't want a drag setup. I would like at least 1 inch perhap 1.5 but definately nothing more than 2". I'm also not looking to go with a coilover setup (too $$$$ and I just don't need it). So throw out some good spring/shock combos (and price is definately a consideration).
BMR, Eibach, H&R, Koni, Bilstien, etc. etc. etc. ...My head is hurting.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:30 AM

Re: Lowering Springs ang shocks

if you have done nothing to your suspension and have a decent amount of money, go with slp's level one...it's basically the firehawk and ss setup. it uses bilsteins and eibach's with a new phr, stiffer lca and swaybars. it's decent and good for .9g's. or you could take the 700, make your own adjustable LCAs and adjustable PHR, get some KYB AGX shocks, get some eiback (not sportlines) springs. i could also suggest some SLP subframes (definitely not kenny brown's, bad news, do a search on them).

for your original topic, sorry to stray , i'd go with bilstein heavy duty's and eibach pro kit. second and a saver on $$ would be KYB AGX shocks with G2 springs...but hurry on those springs, they are halting priduction soon if not already.