Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

LS1 brake conversion, which stainless brake lines to get?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 01:19 PM

Re: LS1 brake conversion, which stainless brake lines to get?

Originally Posted by stereomandan
Well, just found out that I can get my hands on one last set of Bob Bishop C5 brackets, so C5 brakes here I come.

Anyone need the LS1 brake conversion? The used LS1 parts that I bought on Ebay aren't here yet, but it will include the knuckles, spindles, calipers, rotors. Basically everything attached to the whole knuckle.

Dan
Dont happen to still have this set do you?

-Dustin-
Old 04-10-2005, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bersaglieri
Dont happen to still have this set do you?

-Dustin-
Sure do. I was cleaning them up before I put them up for sale. I got them off Ebay, and I wanted to clean off the rust on the spindles and paint the spindles with black rust protective paint. I also wanted to take off any corrosion on the calipers. I had a couple of guys interested in the conversion, so I'd have to check with them first to see if they are interested. Are you interested in them? Would you want them as is, or after I cleaned them up. After I put the work into them, they will probably be about $40 more than I would sell them at now.

Dan
Old 04-10-2005, 08:33 PM

I'll take them the way they are, I can do the labor on them. Let me know where I stand, I'd definately like a set since mine are starting to squeek and its time for rotors and pads all around. Have any pics? Sensors, pads, or lines too? Do the rotors need turned? PM or email a price and some other details. Ladiesman@cutey.com Thanks.

BTW I got my Pro Mags done, I love them, I can feel a good gain nearly everywhere. Great mod, thanks for the help with that. They just needed re-adjusted.

-Dustin-

Last edited by Bersaglieri; 04-10-2005 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:26 AM

What is your zip code? I can calculate shipping. Shipping won't be cheap since these are big and heavy.

I sent a PM to the other guy who was interested. I'll give him today to reply. Otherwise you can have them if you want them. I have $200 into them and will not charge any more to you. So $195+ shipping if you are interested. I'll take pictures tonight. The rotors look ok, but it's hard to tell, and have a lot of surface rust. They don't seem warped, and are not worn much at all, there is just a lot of rust built up.

The brakes come with everything. Spindles, hub/bearing assembly, caliper, rotors, pads, brake lines. It's bolt on and go. I can't gaurantee that they work perfectly since I never put them on. Either way, the LS1 conversion is a HUGE improvement for our cars.

Dan
Old 04-24-2005, 08:38 AM

Bonaco Inc. makes custom stainless steel brake lines you can buy a set or one at a time. If you want an inch or two extra length thay can do that too. Average cost $20/each