Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Most Affordable/Best Subframe Connectors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 10:30 PM

Most Affordable/Best Subframe Connectors?

Hey I think I really need a set of SFC's and I was wondering what are the best bang for the buck ones. i don't want to skimp on quality and I will pay for quality, at the same time, I'd like to spend as little as possible. So what do you guys recommend?
Old 11-23-2004, 12:05 AM

Re: Most Affordable/Best Subframe Connectors?

Originally Posted by burnout04
Hey I think I really need a set of SFC's and I was wondering what are the best bang for the buck ones. i don't want to skimp on quality and I will pay for quality, at the same time, I'd like to spend as little as possible. So what do you guys recommend?
I liked my Bolt on SLP's, but they are not that cheap. I did get free shipping
Old 11-23-2004, 01:47 AM

BMR-Tubulars.
I've never heard a bad thing about BMR's quality. Their prices are also very cheap for what you get. I went with their tubular which are also their cheapest. They are good enough for what i'll ever do. I personally installed and welded them in myself, so i'm speaking first hand. A lot of people have theirs installed and welded up. I was very happy with the fit and quality.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Z95m6
BMR-Tubulars.
I've never heard a bad thing about BMR's quality.
I agree on the SFC's, but re. BMR quality, were you just referring to the SFC quality? Here's a thread if you actually have never heard of issues with BMR products in general... http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374871

Dave
Old 11-23-2004, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by LPEdave
I agree on the SFC's, but re. BMR quality, were you just referring to the SFC quality? Here's a thread if you actually have never heard of issues with BMR products in general... http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374871

Dave
Wow i've never heard anything bad about them period. I hope they get the problem fixed.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by LPEdave

Dave
Wow I am glad I havent hopped on the BMR bandwagon, I was drawn in by the affordability of their parts, but now I think I'll stick to Hotchkis, like my PHB I enjoy. Thanks LPEDave, I know you have alot of experience also, and put much faith in your opinion.

-Dustin-
Old 11-24-2004, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bersaglieri
Wow I am glad I havent hopped on the BMR bandwagon, I was drawn in by the affordability of their parts, but now I think I'll stick to Hotchkis, like my PHB I enjoy. Thanks LPEDave, I know you have alot of experience also, and put much faith in your opinion.

-Dustin-
The Hotchkiss are good for a standard SFC. They hug the car well, and you will lose almost 0 ground clearance.

Last edited by snorkelface; 11-26-2004 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:48 PM

I liked my Bolt on SLP's, but they are not that cheap.
I second!!Love my SLPs
Old 11-24-2004, 09:51 PM

Spohn tubulars
Old 11-24-2004, 11:34 PM

Thumbs up Re: Most Affordable/Best Subframe Connectors?

well, i was wondering the web in search of the same thing and came upon UMI (UMIperformance.com), what appears to be a smaller company for suspension parts. I saw their prices as being the best out there, so i emailed the guy many times. after various emails, I was able to to get some good info from him. the quality of the stuff looked good, so i asked him about it in comparison to bmr and spohn. he told me about his complete money back garantee on his fabbed parts. he garanteed them to be BETTER in quality AND in price to spohn and bmr. so far, he is right on the price. boxed, weld in, powdercoated sfc's are $139. I'm going to take a stab at the products and see if the quality garantee is held up as well. Hell, for weld in boxed sfc's, and non- adj panhard and lca's with relocation brachets, he gave me a price of $364 plus shipping for all those parts. bmr's price on the same products comes to 515, and spohn was a little more than bmr when i checked. I think its worth giving a try....email the guy and see what he can do for you. wouldn't hurt to tell him Aaron sent you.

Last edited by blackztpi; 11-24-2004 at 11:37 PM. Reason: grammar error
Old 11-26-2004, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by snorkelface
The Hotchkiss are good for a standard SFC. They hug the car well, and you will loose almost 0 ground clearance.
True and the funny part is hardly anyone knows about the ground clearance even though they are boxed.

-Dustin-
Old 11-26-2004, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by blackztpi
well, i was wondering the web in search of the same thing and came upon UMI (UMIperformance.com), what appears to be a smaller company for suspension parts. I saw their prices as being the best out there, so i emailed the guy many times. after various emails, I was able to to get some good info from him. the quality of the stuff looked good, so i asked him about it in comparison to bmr and spohn. he told me about his complete money back garantee on his fabbed parts. he garanteed them to be BETTER in quality AND in price to spohn and bmr. so far, he is right on the price. boxed, weld in, powdercoated sfc's are $139. I'm going to take a stab at the products and see if the quality garantee is held up as well. Hell, for weld in boxed sfc's, and non- adj panhard and lca's with relocation brachets, he gave me a price of $364 plus shipping for all those parts. bmr's price on the same products comes to 515, and spohn was a little more than bmr when i checked. I think its worth giving a try....email the guy and see what he can do for you. wouldn't hurt to tell him Aaron sent you.
UMI carries some of the best suspension items I have seen or ran. I have few a buddies that run them as well thanks to me

If you email them they are very friendly and helpful and supply more info then even needed. Ryan does offer a full money back guarantee on all his items but I am sure you would never need it...don't worry about a thing, you will be pleased.

Good luck!