Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

My steering wheel and car shakes.......please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 01:22 AM

My steering wheel and car shakes.......please help

I recently dropped my car with some Eibach's sportlines springs and also put on my black c6 zo6 wheels 18x8.5 on front and 19x10 rear with the adapters on the rear for wheel clearance, i got the front wheels balanced and the alignment. What can be the problem here? I use to have same car before with the same wheels, springs and adapters but i never had this problem..........please help!
Old 07-28-2011, 12:17 AM

Re: My steering wheel and car shakes.......please help

When I used to work in a slave.. I mean tire shop, we had all sorts of issues with wheel adapters, has it changed in the last 8 years? We never reccomended the use of any adapter on a high torque or high horsepower application. If it has changed, by all means disregard this. Now the wobble your talking about, more details would help. Is it at a certain speed? So you know the shop well that did your balance? Bring it back anyway. Alot of places can't static balance to save their lives. Don't let em ruin your wheels with side weights either, alot of shops are using inferior weights for their static balances. Brought my firebird to 5 different places to get a decent balance. Didn't happen, paid a tire shop manager to let me do it myself after hours, and wouldn't you know it. Smooth at all speeds. Also if the tire tech did a lousy cleaning of the inside if the wheel before he placed the weights, you could've tossed a weight, ir all of them from that line.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:45 PM

Re: My steering wheel and car shakes.......please help

Sorry for the long wait..........the car shakes after 50 or 60 and it gets worse on the freeway.......and the adapters are 2 years old I had got them from my other camaro that I had totaled and now I'm thinkin it can be the adapters I also got the front wheels balanced and not the rear but I have no idea if the tire guy cleaned the inside of the wheel and another thing I can add is that the rear struts or shocks are a different brand then the ones on the front and I think one of them is bad