Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Near complete suspension upgrade... what to get

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 07:54 PM

Near complete suspension upgrade... what to get

Looking to upgrade nearly my entire suspension with new components. For springs I'm going with a ground control adjustable ride height system (uses eibach springs). Haven't settled on a shock yet I'm thinking the kyb agx 1-way adjustable's; I don't know if it theres another shock that may give better performance without breaking the bank I see QA1 has a full shock setup.

The kind of ride I'm looking for is firm and responsive but can be "tamed" a bit when needed. Around where I normally drive a firm ride and maybe even a little bumpy is fine but I also frequently take road trips of 400-600 miles; thats why I'm thinking the adjustable ride height and shocks would be nice. Turn the **** to a much smoother setting and raise the car 3/4-1" to give more ground clearence in unfamiliar areas.

As far as my budget goes I'm willing to toss about $2k at it but that includes the ground control/shocks so probably more like $1.2-1.3k for suspension parts. I know I need LCA relocation brackets and I might as well get new LCA's, front/rear sway should no doubt be changed, rear panhard then it gets fuzzy. If the budget allows I'd love to swap in some light weight tubular A-arms and I probably need to toss some subframe connectors and a strut tower brace in there firm it up a bit. I really just need some advice on specific brands/sizes for these items. I'm looking for lightweight but strong something thats tame enough for daily driving but still feels a little more sporty then what should be street-legal.