Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

need a camaro that handles...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 11:52 PM

Sam,

This weekend I am going to look at an 87 Camaro IROC Z28 that has a 350 TPI that I will probably end up purchasing. From what ive heard, these are the best handling 3rd gens, so that sounds like a pretty good platform to start out with. This car is going to run time attack and other hot-lap based races, so I want the very best suspension that i can get: coil over kits (front and back with high spring rates), huge sway bars, braces, and other serious stiffening pieces, all with solid rod end connections and the best materials available. BTW, how much better is chromeoly compared to similar alloys?

I need to know what works suspension-wise from an expeienced point of view. Budget is not an issue, niether is regular driveability or keeping it legal as the car will probably never go in for a real inspection. I just need to know what I need to set up a race worthy suspension. ( As I said earlier, there are a few good shops in the area, so complicated installs and minor fab work are not a problem.)What's with the Spohn stuff? It seems like they are at the top of the game. I really like the BMR Xtreme stuff, but I wish they had some similar products that were on par to go along with them.

I need a voice of experience, thanks.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:48 AM

2 ways to look at chromoly:

chromoly is stronger than regular steel ....for 2 items of the same weight.

or

chromoly is lighter for 2 items of similar strenght