Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

need to decide on shocks/springs - wierd situation-

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 11:25 AM

need to decide on shocks/springs - wierd situation-

okay, well im moving cross country and my company is willing to pay for any repairs needed to ensure my car makes it out there no problem..

my suspension is pretty shot, my right rear shock no longer rebounds nearly as well and i will have to be towing a 4x8 uhual cross country (i know... horrible thing to put a trailor hitch on the camaro, but it means i get to bring my car out with me and they'll pay for any repairs it needs)

so im gonna need to replace my suspension. i will only be towing a couple hundred pounds tops on top of the wieght of the trailor, so what can i get away with as far as suspension goes. once i get my car out to CO im planning on really tearing her apart and dropping money into getting her running and looking like my dreams.

so what do you guys suggest? ideally id like to maybe lower her an 1" or so..(sold the 18's and running my stockers for the cross country drive) but i want something that'll be able to handle the towing with no problems for 2000+ miles.

any suggestions?
Old 10-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Re: need to decide on shocks/springs - wierd situation-

Replace the faulty rear shocks and put airbags in the stock rear springs. That takes car of the tongue load and gets you across the country. Do the serious mods when you get where you are going.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:12 PM

Re: need to decide on shocks/springs - wierd situation-

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Replace the faulty rear shocks and put airbags in the stock rear springs. That takes car of the tongue load and gets you across the country. Do the serious mods when you get where you are going.

yup thats kinda the conclusion i came to - im gonna replace the shocks with bilsteins and look into the bags- and then when i get to CO, gonna replace the springs with an eibach pro kit and submit the bills then-

that way i get cross country fine, and get her nice and lowered once i get there with the company footing the bill.