Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Need help determining Master Cylinder fitting sizes

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 01:37 PM

Need help determining Master Cylinder fitting sizes

I need some help here guys. I知 trying to clean up the engine bay.

I知 going to be refabricating some of the brake system. I知 going to eliminate the hard lines and go to Teflon braided line from the master. I plan to run a male flare adapter that converts to AN. Then run a 90 degree AN to the braided line. The braided line will run to a bulkhead in the fender well.

My problem is finding the proper fittings. I have an 87 Master cylinder and need to know what the sizes are of the fittings. The unit has metric fittings. One is a 10 the other is a 12. The thread pitch is the hang up. The hardware store has nothing that will fit. I have researched with a hydraulic shop. They told me they don稚 deal with brake systems. They had some fittings, but most were standard. They don稚 deal in metric much. The measured with a thread tool and came up with 10X1.5 and 12X1.0 metric.

Well I go to summit and there is nothing in the Earls line or Russel line that will work.

Do I have the right fitting sizes???? Do you know of anyone that makes the right size flare conversions????