Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Need help fast!!! in Jam...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 07:57 PM
Advanced Member

Need help fast!!! in Jam...

I instaleld a new MAster cyilinder in my car today.. I bench bled everything out ETC ETC... THen proceeded to go about the regular bleeding routine. ABS, RR,LR, FL, FR.... etc etc... I got the pedal extemely hard... with the help of myself and by 2X4 method... the pedal was Firm.... and all calipers shot out a steady stream.... durring the process... but when I go to turn the car on.. the Pedal droped signifigantly... and I checked the resivoir and the brake fluid I topped off after I completed the last caliper, had dropped quite a bit... what gives??? My Brake light is on... and I'm baffled...

What might be the cause of this??? I remember the last time the car was bleed... I took her to the dealer... and they had a rough time... they ended up turning the car on and off while they bleed it...??? is there somehting I"m missing here.... btw I'm using a Haynes manual for reference points.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:15 PM

Re: Need help fast!!! in Jam...

it might be the power brakes when the car is off you have no vacuum making pedal feel hard. But with it running the is much easier to push and compress air in the lines. try to blead them with the car running.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

I've seen people bleed these brakes in their driveway and I've also seen it where they have to take it to the dealer and have it "hooked up". I don't have the details but I think there is a "trick" with the proportioning valve that might require the use of like a Tech II or something? Sorry... I don't have more details on this and only have heard bits and pieces of this. Might be way off base or not? Maybe something can expand on this for ya
Old 03-05-2005, 12:24 PM
Banned

You have to center the valve that controls the light. I have always been able to do it do it at the master cyl.With help and light pedal pressure and running open the front line a very little and have your help call out if the light goes out then close quickly.If that don't do it do the rear the same way.You may have to do it several times.
You did bleed the ABS block???
The fluid going down, is nothing to worry about,but keep it full.
Make sure you wash any spilled fluid off after bleeding.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:36 PM

many dealers have a power bleader that hooks up to an air compressor.