Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Need Help To Fix My Rear Suspension..everyone Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 01:07 AM

Need Help To Fix My Rear Suspension..everyone Help!!

I recently let my brother borrow my 95 trans am lt1, he brought it back home and when i drove it to work i hear the passanger right side spring rubbing up against the rear stabalize bar and making weird noises. Then when hit about 20mph to 45mph the car starts to vibrate and shake and I can hear the drive shaft vibrating my entire center console. I jacked the car up from the right rear and tried to adjust the spring but when i drop it back down the spring still sits a little funny, i inspected the rear chassis and nothing seems out of place or looks like it hit anything, I really dont know what to do i need all you guys to help me out and get my trans am back on the streets. PLEASE help me out fellow LT1 lovers. Thanks for all your help...
Old 11-03-2005, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Re: Need Help To Fix My Rear Suspension..everyone Help!!

You lost me.... what is the passenger side spring rubbing on? The sway bar is nowhere near it, if that's what you're calling the stabilizer bar. The only thing remotely close to the passenger side spring is the upper brace for the panhard rod mount, and that's not even very close.

Can you pick the point where its rubbing in this picture?

http://cjcfo.fbody.com/members/injun.../4inMuffPp.jpg

Is it possible the torque arm is bent, allowing the pinion to twist upwards and tilt the spring perch backward, bending the spring into a curve?