Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

new springs? yes or no

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 06:03 PM

new springs? yes or no

I have about 121,00 on the car right now. Currently i have KYB AGX adjustables sitting in my garage and the only reason i havnt installed them is because im not sure if i want new springs. How much would they help? I would like something that is a comfortable ride but doesnt hurt launching that much....just something right in between.... should i upgrade or not? which kind? I dont want to waste the money, if its not going to be worth it. im not doing autocross or anything, just daily driving, and drag racing. ive done some searches and got some info, but not enough.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:19 PM

I've had both the Eibach Pro and Sportline springs. The Pro kit is pretty tame but you will feel the suspension bouncing you a bit more. I've got the Sportlines going now because I like the look but they are a pretty harsh ride.

If you don't care about the look you might just want to stick with the shocks. The Pro springs are nice and give you a little more of a firmer feel into and out of the corners but you will feel it every where else too.

oh yeah, SLOW DOWN FOR DIPS AND DRIVEWAYS!! ;-)

-Nate
Old 07-07-2004, 08:54 AM

First off, Sportlines are for looks only not for handling or ride. As a matter of fact, Sportlines will actually hurt your handling as the lower the car too much. Prokits work fairly well, or you could get the SLP Eibach springs which only lower the car about .5-.75" versus the 1.5" of the Prokits. One thing I will say, you may end up having to look at something other than the KYBs for shocks. There are a few people around that use them, but most feel they are either to soft or to harsh depending on how you adjust them. The best combo for ride and handling in my opinion is the SLP Level 1 setup, the ride is better than stock and the handling far exceeds stock.