Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

new tie rods and suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 12:01 AM

Talking new tie rods and suspension

My car need new tie rods and control arm busings. While the car was ripped apart i was gonna do ball joints and some type of lowering springs. Has anyone heard of a company selling the ball joints, tie rods, and bushings as part of one kit from some aftermarket company. If not do you guys usually us the cheap chassis parts or go with gm stuff? I mean the cheap chassis tie rods I can get really sheap and have a lifetime warranty on the but dont want to be swapping them out every other year. I have a moser 12 bolt rear in the car and it seems to wheel hop alot. There are nitto 555 tires on it and has upgraded lcas, tq arm, and panhard bar all with poly bushings. Someone told me the pinion angle my be off and could cause the wheel hop. Someone else said i had to lower the car to get rid of it. Would like to know what to do. What are good suspension set ups to go with? I also want to get some sway bars if anyone has ideas for those. Thanks guys.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:02 AM

Re: new tie rods and suspension

whoops thought id add that its a 94 z28 m6 dyno @ 285 to wheels with exhaust work
Old 03-08-2005, 07:57 PM

Moog makes good ball joints/tie rods are are readily available. Don't know of a kit that contains all of the pieces. I bought my Moog parts from Summit Racing. Energy Suspension does carry a F-Body kit that does contain all the front suspension poly bushings.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by drewc87
Someone told me the pinion angle my be off and could cause the wheel hop. Someone else said i had to lower the car to get rid of it.
Get relocation brackets to lower the angle on your lca's. i still get wheel hop with my setup. A lowered vehicle will make your wheel hop worse not better.

Pinion angle should be checked when your car is on the road. If you can drive on a hoist and trust that it's level, that is your best bet. Otherwise reach under while its parked. -1 to -2 angle is ideal for a DD.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:14 PM
nfa

do a search on google for a place called PST suspension. they offer a whole kit with upper/lower bj's, tie rod ends and control arm bushings. i had to replace mine, but i decided to just buy the global west upper arms which came with del-a-lum bushings and bolted on new trw balljoints rather than reuse the stock arms.