Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

No Brakes!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 08:52 PM

No Brakes!!!!!

Ok, (Long, but putting all the facts down)

On TODAY I stopped at the carwash and had it laserwashed (Bad move I know). I injested some water into the motor and threw a misfire code, nothing out of the ordinary with the modified RA intake. That cleared right up, but then my brakes started acting strangely...

Driving down the road, 1500rpms or above the brake pedal is stiff, a little more than normal; but brakes function fairly normally.

Push the clutch in and the RPMs drop to idle, and the brake pedal with goes to the floor.

If I start braking with the RPMs up, and keep the pressure on the brake as I push the clutch in, the brakes act fine, until I let up completely on the pedal. Then when I press it again, what was a "normal" pedal, now goes to the floor.

It takes 2-4 pumps to get a normal feel to the brakes after it drops to the floor, but once completely released, it goes back to the floor.

I bleed the brakes about 1500 miles ago when the 12-bolt went in, and have had no issues since, until today.

The MC is full, there are no leaks, no broken hoses, no puddles, and once the pedal is hard, it doesn't "sink"... No ABS, or BRAKE lights on the dash either.

I'm thinking the MC is bad, it's the only thing that makes sence. The front brakes are isolated from the rears everywhere's else except for the MC. And the only way I should get a floored brake pedal is where the entire system fails... like it is...

I'm not thinking the booster, because if the booster goes it becomes non-power brake; I know what that feels like, my dad's '34 Ford doesn't have power anything; brakes, nor steering.

Anybody think the same or different?

It really scared the pants off me going down the road at 60+ and going for the brakes and having NOTHING... luckily when I pumped it I got the pedal back.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:51 AM

Re: No Brakes!!!!!

maybe you got water into your brake booster? if water got into your intake manifold, it could then go into any vaccum lines. like the brake booster hose . not really sure what that would do though. maybe the water pressure blew one of your vacuum lines off? just wild guessin.