Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

No Rear Brakes!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 08:15 PM

No Rear Brakes!?!?!?

hey everyone, i have a 94 z28 that i need help with. I had my car up on a lift at my buddys shop doing my LCAs and my PH rod a couple weeks back. I had noticed about a month ago that the brakes are felling like they need attention but i only drive the car on weekends anyways so i hadnt gotten around to lookin at them. So its on the lift and before he sets it down on the ground i tell him to let me try something and just look at the rear wheels. So i start her up and put it in drive and they spin....then i press the brake pedal down and THEY STILL SPIN. i am pushing the brakes as hard as i can with no success so i put it in neutral and press the brakes and they finally stop after like 30 seconds. We bleed the system to no luck, the fronts work fine, its just the backs that dont work. Does anyone know what it could be or has anyone experienced this. All and any help is appreciated.

ps: and i forgot to add stock brakes all the way around(126k), new rear pads were also put on to try and fix problem.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:42 PM

Re: No Rear Brakes!?!?!?

are they disc brakes or drum brakes? did you try using the e-brake to see if the rear brakes work at all?

if the e-brake works but the pedal doesnt actuat the rear brakes then you have a probem in the hydraulic system. if then e-brake doesnt work on the disc system i would investigate the calipers. if the rear brakes dont work on the drums, they are out of adjustment

assuming your e-brake cable is not stretched