Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Notice about Strano Performance parts and service information

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 04:59 PM

Notice about Strano Performance parts and service information

It's come to my attention that some companies are claiming to sell products I make and sell directly. The last time I heard this involved swaybars. Seems some folks out there are working on the misunderstanding that because my bars are made for me *by* Addco Mfg., that they *are* standard Addco bars. THEY ARE NOT! So, if someone tells you they can sell you by bars, they're either lying or ignorant, take your pick.

Strano bars are made for me, and only me. And they are made to my specifications.

The second issue involves shocks. There is one particular company that is choosing to ignore a Minimum advertised pricing policy set by the company that makes the shocks. They can do that, but they risk getting cut off. I can't afford to take that risk. Like everything we sell, we do so at a fair price to everyone and adhere to what won't get us in trouble. I can't be helpful to you should there be a problem if I **** off the company doing the warranties.

More to the point, the company doing this has essentially swiped combinations I've come up with. And I heard recently actually had the nerve to tell a prospective customer that it's a "Strano" setup. While the parts may be the same as what I use, I will not give out setup information on products I did not sell. I have in the past, and I hate to be hard about this, but we are hear as much for service and advice as pricing. Being the pricing is more than fair and competitive with countless other companies, I'm not going to support companies/people who do not support my company.

Bottom line. You can buy the same or similar dampers elsewhere. But your buying experience is more than just a cheap price. When we sell product things such as shock settings and alignment advice are given out to you, and based on the parts on your car. And that advice is based on our experience with the cars and parts you have installed.