Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

which panhard bar is better for the street?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 03:46 PM

which panhard bar is better for the street?

one with poly bushings on both ends, or one with poly on one end and a spherical rod end on the other?

some sites say the spherical rod ends are for race only, is there more road noise, or a harsher ride with them or what?
Old 12-06-2005, 10:35 PM

Re: which panhard bar is better for the street?

I just changed over from a poly/poly phb to a rod end/rod end phb. There is an occasional noise but not frequent enough to be annoying. If you get one, make sure they use the higher quality rod ends. I got mine from Unbalanced Engineering.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Former Vendor

The polyurethane versions are good for somebody with a daily driven street vehicle which is looking for better performance. If you are looking for the best performance go with the rod end versions. But like Bud M said make sure you get one with the good 3 piece rod ends. If you decide to go with an adjustable version make sure the adjustments are done from the end of the tube and not the middle. The panhard rod will see the highest load in the middle of the tube. Good luck with your decision.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:16 PM

thanks for the info fellas, i am going with the adjustable since i plan on lowering soon. i'll have to do some more shopping around before just settling for any phb. thanks.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:48 PM

Coming from personal experience, I have poly/poly ended LCAs and a PHR and they are very noisy. Fortunately, I maybe drive the car a couple of times a month so it doesn't impact me much but if it were a daily driver, I would have opted for the poly/rod ended parts.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:16 PM
nfa

Go with an adjustable panhard with high quality 3 piece rod ends. There is no increase in noise or harshness over the stock bar with rubber bushings. Cheaping out on the rod ends is false economy - buy the good ones from the start. I built my own bar for under $120 using a coleman aluminum bar w/ wrench flats machined in, QA1 rod ends, and alum jam nuts.

google "Jon a aluminum panhard bar" for instructions.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:40 PM

I've got Spohn adj LCAs with rod ends and they are fantastic. I'm going to get the Spohn rod end/rod end PHB shortly to replace my 10 year old Hotchkis poly ended bar. Spohn uses the new higher quality QA1 rod ends that are sealed and self lubricating...No more annoying squeeks from the poly stuff and with rod ends you get no deflection at all. I think the LCAs helped me do 1.55 60's...

--Alan