Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Pics of my ABS Delete

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 08:32 PM

Re: Pics of my ABS Delete

Thanks for the picture "P". That is a nice install. Have you experimented with adjusting the proportioning valve you have on your back brakes? Which wheels lock first on your car?
Old 06-13-2006, 10:10 AM
P

Yes I have...the fronts will lock up first...if I hit the brakes hard enough they will all lock up, but they have to be SLAMMED for all 4 to lock. I've got it set where I want it, just takes a little time and testing.

P
Old 06-13-2006, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by P
Yes I have...the fronts will lock up first...if I hit the brakes hard enough they will all lock up, but they have to be SLAMMED for all 4 to lock. I've got it set where I want it, just takes a little time and testing.

P

So it's not full open? Just want to clarify.

Dan
Old 06-13-2006, 07:06 PM
P

No it's not full open...it's around 3 turns from full open I think, I haven't messed with it in over 2 years.

P
Old 06-13-2006, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by P
No it's not full open...it's around 3 turns from full open I think, I haven't messed with it in over 2 years.

P
Good info. So it appears that if you have stock brakes you will need a proportioning valve. If you've done the C5 upgrade you don't need one. Have you ever tried it with the valve all the way open to see which locks first?
Old 06-13-2006, 10:33 PM

Nice!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by snakeatinZ
Nice!!!
Ya, Now I don't have to be a contortion artist to get to the #1 sparkplug or check/add oil to my procharger. I !ed the AIR system and ABS the same day and it really cleaned up the engine bay.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:19 PM

this is an old thread..but I started doing my ABS delete today and noticed there were 2 brake lines going to the back of the car instead of one big one...is there a reason mines different?
Old 02-28-2007, 08:48 AM

I bet you have/had traction control?...traction control cars have 2 lines going to the rear and the cars that don't have traction control have one line that goes to the rear and then goes into a junction block and from there 2 seperate lines to the 2 wheels.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by 93BlackTA
I bet you have/had traction control?...traction control cars have 2 lines going to the rear and the cars that don't have traction control have one line that goes to the rear and then goes into a junction block and from there 2 seperate lines to the 2 wheels.
so what fittings are needed where?
Old 03-25-2007, 05:06 PM

?????
Old 03-25-2007, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by 96TurboWS6
so what fittings are needed where?
You'll just need 2 T fittings instead of one. The front line on the master cylinder goes to back brakes. You can tell because its a much smaller reservoir. The back line on the master cylinder goes to the front brakes. I'm glad I did this mod. Never given it a second thought. Don't forget to pull the bulb out of the ABS light in your instrument panel.

If you have two small lines for the back brakes then you'll need some extra 3/16" inverted flare fittings and you won't need any of the 1/4" fittings.

Edit: I mixed up the 3/16 and 1/4 fittings so it has been edited so it is correct in this post

Last edited by 97WS6Pilot; 03-27-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by 97WS6Pilot
You'll just need 2 T fittings instead of one. The front line on the master cylinder goes to back brakes. You can tell because its a much smaller reservoir. The back line on the master cylinder goes to the front brakes. I'm glad I did this mod. Never given it a second thought. Don't forget to pull the bulb out of the ABS light in your instrument panel.

If you have two small lines for the back brakes then you'll need some extra 1/4" inverted flare fittings and you won't need any of the 3/16" fittings.

if you dont mind would you be able to tell me exactly what fittings? I cant tell which ones you used for the fronts and which ones for the backs...Im guessing ill be using the exact same fittings for the front as I do for the back.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by 96TurboWS6
if you dont mind would you be able to tell me exactly what fittings? I cant tell which ones you used for the fronts and which ones for the backs...Im guessing ill be using the exact same fittings for the front as I do for the back.

It appears that since you have traction control you will need these fittings. I'm assuming that the all the lines are the same size since I don't have traction control. So its just a matter of making sure the fronts go to fronts and the rears go to the rears.

6 3/16" inverted flare fittings
2 3/16" 3 way tee's
1 qt brake fluid

Tube bender Rented from Autozone
Metric Double Flare Tool Kit Rented from Autozone
Tube cutter I already had this

Here is a how to double flare brake lines:
http://www.carcraft.com/howto/50919/

All the tubing you need is on the car. No need to buy brake line. No need for a proportioning valve on the back brakes because fronts lock up first.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by 97WS6Pilot
It appears that since you have traction control you will need these fittings. I'm assuming that the all the lines are the same size since I don't have traction control. So its just a matter of making sure the fronts go to fronts and the rears go to the rears.

6 3/16" inverted flare fittings
2 3/16" 3 way tee's
1 qt brake fluid

Tube bender Rented from Autozone
Metric Double Flare Tool Kit Rented from Autozone
Tube cutter I already had this

Here is a how to double flare brake lines:
http://www.carcraft.com/howto/50919/

All the tubing you need is on the car. No need to buy brake line. No need for a proportioning valve on the back brakes because fronts lock up first.

...you are the man

Quick Reply: Pics of my ABS Delete