Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Possible problem w/ subframe con???

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 07:36 PM

Possible problem w/ subframe con???

I'm thinking of purchasing a set of subframe connectors probably from SLP the triangulated ones (hope they are one of the best out there). But i went to look at where they are going to go and the side rail where you suppose to but the jack to lift up the car are bent bad and some other placed are 2 will these cause problems... What can i do to avoid this ... I mostly put it where is says in the manual .. is there somewhere else i can jack the car up...
Old 06-12-2006, 07:48 PM

Re: Possible problem w/ subframe con???

Originally Posted by touch109
I'm thinking of purchasing a set of subframe connectors probably from SLP the triangulated ones (hope they are one of the best out there). But i went to look at where they are going to go and the side rail where you suppose to but the jack to lift up the car are bent bad and some other placed are 2 will these cause problems... What can i do to avoid this ... I mostly put it where is says in the manual .. is there somewhere else i can jack the car up...
Not too sure what your problem is, is the side rail damaged on your car?

FWIW, I just brought my car down to a f-body shop and had them do it. They've installed tons of them and they said that every set it differant. Sometimes they have to dremel some stuff away and force one part into position, sometimes they dont.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:07 PM

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2133819/5

took some pics to show ..
Old 06-13-2006, 07:14 AM

You actually aren't supossed to jack on the body seam unless u are using the factory jack which has a grouve for that lip. You're supossed to jack on the sub-frame stubs that are under the car further in.

You're going to want to straighten out those tabs that are bent; because you may have done some minor damager to the body from jacking there on the flange.

As for sub-frames, they weld to the existing sub-frame stubs that are there; and where they weld on is where you should be jacking with a floow jack or lift.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:42 AM

here is the front attachment point for my BMR sfc. you can see the lip that you say is bent right next to the connector. it shouldn't affect them at all.

i suggest you learn how to jack up your car :blah:

as for the SLPs being the best...that's arguable. you'll probably never be able to tell the difference from standard 2pt or the 3pt sfc in normal driving situations. maybe on a full autoX car. but i honestly think they are a waste of added weight, and a hassle if you plan to do true duals.