Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Possible setup with DMS springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 07:51 PM

Possible setup with DMS springs

Hey guys, ive been searching on this site and LS1tech looking for a possible lowering setup.

I have had my SS for about 8 months now and im going to be getting new wheels at the end of the month, and i also want to get her lowered. Im not really into 1/4 mile runs anymore, so im not going for a setup that works best for that, and im also not into autox, but do want to have my car handle good around the corners for a spirited drive through the twisties. But in the end im mostly looking for looks with a ride that doesnt make me feel like my spine is compressing with stiff shocks. The DMS and Sportline springs have the ride height im going for, but the sportlines are crap. So that leaves me with DMS.

What do you guru's think about these springs, and if these are not good as well, what would you reccomend as an alternative with a similar ride height, coilovers?

Now for shocks.
the first picture shown is a guy with DMS and QA1 shocks. I know QA1s are drag shocks, so what would you reccomend as far as shocks, Strano Revalves? How would Stranos and DMS work together? and What would the ride be like?

-Rudy

Old 01-12-2007, 11:42 AM

How about the springs I had built and a good set of shocks? If you search around the different sites, there are many pics of cars with my springs on installed, which have rates and heights I speced and are meant for handling and to match dampers as best they can at all times (which is why they are linear rate). They also happen to be about 13 pounds lighter per set than anyone else's springs but Vogtland's (who makes mine and from the same material, but they are WAY too stiff in the rear, which is why I don't use those).

As for shocks. That's something I'd be happy to discuss with you. But know that I can't do setup or recommendation work by e-mail. That stuff requires you to call me @ 814-849-3450