Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

put my torque arm in today

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 06:35 PM

put my torque arm in today

Well, got going on it by noon with a good friend of mine...same guy that convinced me to putting the big block in I have custom dual pipes with a H-pipe that was sure to cause a lot of pain b/c the torque arm has the double drive shaft loops. the first thing that presented a problem was the H pipe had to be "clearenced" ..now this is three inch mandrel bent art work were talking about..I.E. boat load of $. second thing was teh part that fits over the rear end..it didn`t. So after a few wacks with the persuader and a little press time WalA! Last thing was the arm it self, it touched a spot of the tubing that passes by the end of the subframe..torch and bump and it has clearence at ride hieght only..Last thing was my friend was "fixing" a kink in my rear hard line to the brakes when it started to leak, I never seen the kink before he started fiddling with it but all I know is the flex line now has a clamp on it so it wont leak...on the bright side I think this monster might hang a tire soon with all the suspesion work I `ve done this summer! I`ll be sure to let you guys know when it does
Old 07-25-2004, 11:39 PM

Re: put my torque arm in today

I dig THE MACHINE
Nice car!
Old 08-07-2004, 05:32 PM

Thumbs up Re: put my torque arm in today

Thanks, I finally found the sweet spot for traction....-6 degrees hooks this nose heavy grunt like mad!@ I put the reloc brackets on and still no traction, finally kept putting negative pinion angle in until it lifted the frt end hard! spohn arm gets my thumbs up! my stock suspesion could never do this!