Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Qs about Eibach drag launch springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 12:50 PM

Qs about Eibach drag launch springs

Have any of you used these springs? I was wondering if it is just rear springs or all four. Does it lower the car any and how does it make the car handle? I really need some help getting my T/A off the line and thanks for any info.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:58 PM

Re: Qs about Eibach drag launch springs

I've got the Eibach drag launch springs in the rear of my race car, and they actually raised the rear about an inch, maybe inch and a half.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:35 PM
Administrator

I think they make a set of all four, but I only run the rear ones. With the QA1 front shocks, you need to use the QA1 springs, or alter the stock lower spring seat to use the Eibachs.

The Drag Launch springs raised the back end about 1/2" on my setup.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:43 PM

The Eibach drag launch kit is front and rear springs with an airbag in the right rear spring.
I run this kit on my 94Z, it raised the rear of the car alot (like sseeya said about 1 1/2 inches) but it lowered the front.
The kit does not compromise handling as far as everyday driving is concerned, I drive my car almost daily if I can.
I have no front sway bar and it rolls on bigs n littles so I can,t take turns like before. But its not scary or anything.
It is a compromise, you won,t be handling like a slot car cause the kit is intended to get you off the line but you can drive it everyday if you want to.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:19 PM

So are the back springs really soft to make the car squat or are they really stiff to keep it from squating?
Old 04-14-2005, 12:42 AM

They are pretty darn stiff.
My car does not squat, it kinda stands up and plants the tires.
I have a host of suspension stuff under it too though, BMR adjustable TA, BMR relo brackets, KYB AGX adjustable shocks, Lakewood LCAs and panhard rod along with poly bushings in the rear sway bar.
I run Weld Pro Star XPs with a 15x10 in the rear with 5.5 BS and Nitto 275 50 15s and they stick out of the rear quarters about an inch. I have never had problems with them hitting the rear quarter panels.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:46 AM

Ok thanks for all the info. From what I gather the springs really help out cars on slicks that launch hard and wont help a car on street tires at all because they keep the car from squating. Is there a set of rear springs out there that are softer than the factory to help with weight transfer?
Old 04-14-2005, 05:04 PM
Administrator

The only reason I have the Eibachs in the back is because I traded my stockers to a buddy with a 97 SS Convertible, race weight 3,525#..... his car ran 8.60@160mph, 1.30 60-ft, and hooked insanely well. He preferred the stock coupe springs over anything else. I'm not sure there is any real advantage in the Eibachs compared to stock.

http://cjcfo.fbody.com/members/injun...B/IMG_0710.jpg
Old 04-14-2005, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
The only reason I have the Eibachs in the back is because I traded my stockers to a buddy with a 97 SS Convertible, race weight 3,525#..... his car ran 8.60@160mph, 1.30 60-ft, and hooked insanely well. He preferred the stock coupe springs over anything else. I'm not sure there is any real advantage in the Eibachs compared to stock.

http://cjcfo.fbody.com/members/injun...B/IMG_0710.jpg
I agree, I think the stock make work just as well. My opinion as well
Old 04-14-2005, 10:15 PM

The kit really helped my car so it was worth it for me.
BUT, a friend here in KC ran 11.70s and like 1.7 sixty foot times with stock rear springs in his firebird. It even had cheapo 10 dollar gas o matic shocks...... go figure...... Never could get mine to hook up until I put the new parts in.