Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Question/Favor for those running stock springs or eibach pro kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 09:29 AM

Question/Favor for those running stock springs or eibach pro kit?

I am trying to get an accurate idea of how far my car will be lowered when I install a set of pro kit springs I have at the house. Ive noticed that my car looks a bit lower than other stock suspension cars so last night I went out and made some measurements.

From the highest arch of the front wheelwell to the ground I measured 26.75". From the rear wheel well to the ground I measured a distance of 26"

Naturally, I would think that the springs would lower the car an 1-1.5", but on another board I read about a guy measuering the heigh of his pro kit lowered car and he measured 26" to the ground on both the front and the rear. If any readers of this thread wouldnt mind doing me a favor, would you please measure the same distances on your cars?

While I'm that is goign to be some variance between cars but maybe whoever owned my car before me cut the coils or something... I'm not sure. If someone could do some measurements for me it would be graciously appreciated.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:59 AM

Re: Question/Favor for those running stock springs or eibach pro kit?

hmm, I'd guess someone's already lowered that car a bit....I installed the pro-kit last year and my 98 SS dropped to 26.25 in the front and 25.75 in the rear.

I'd say the springs dropped it an inch in the front and more than that in the rear (looks a little low for my taste), so you're starting off almost where I ended up.

I don't notice the ride being too firm, but the CD player does--it sure handles better, though--at 55k handling was starting to get a little sloppy, but with new springs and some SFC's cloverleaf onramps are now fun again.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:39 AM

Mines 26 and 1/8th in the front and 26 and 7/8th's in the back. After putting the Spohn TA on and adj. it to -1 degree I noticed the back end sat higher. In the spring I'm going to try and raise the front half an inch so the LT's have 4'' of ground clearence. Right now I'm at 3 and a half and that's a little scary.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:56 PM

Thanks for the replys guys. The springs look stock, but I dunno.. I guess there is just a lot of variance between cars. I will have to just put the springs on and see where I end up. Hopefully it wont be too low, I have header ground clearance to worry about. If it goes too low the eibachs will have to go.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:22 PM
Administrator

There are too many variables to compare cars by measuring fender height.... Tread wear can drop the fender 0.25". Using a 255/50-16 instead of a 245/50 can raise the car 0.25". Tire air pressure will affect height. Weight affects ride height..... etc. etc. etc.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:31 PM

Get rid of them cut coils. My suspension was from Mecham Performance.