Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

rear coil-overs

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 12:35 PM

rear coil-overs

ok. For the race car we're plannign on the rear coil-overs for adjustability reasons.. Now where can I find them. I know they're sold through autofab? But I can't find them anywhere. Anybody have any info on where to purchase these coilovers that use HAL 12 way adj. shocks??? I know they're sold, I just can't find them and I'd hate to go back and dig through my car craft mags. just to find the name of the company and where to purchase them...

Thanks guys
Chris
Old 11-02-2004, 09:46 PM

Re: rear coil-overs

I'm assuming by race, you mean drag. If you simply want height adjustability, you can get some rear weight jacks from Ground Control, or the whole Front/Rear setup with your chosen spring rates. As far as shocks, Hal's are adjustable and good for drag, or there is also KYB and Koni for shock rate adjustability, but the Hal's are taylored more for the drag crowd anyways, I believe.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:09 AM

yeah I meant drag, And I know there's company that makes a Kit with the Hal's...I'm just trying to find 'em online and I can't.....I guess I may just have to call them after I dig through the Car Craft mags to find the ph#....i hat this not having a website stuff
Old 11-03-2004, 02:57 PM

I'm pretty sure these are the guys you are looking for:

http://www.autofabracecars.com/

I remember reading a tech article written by Evan Smith in National Dragster. In it they were converting a late model Mudstain to coil overs using a kit from Autofab Racecars. In the article they stated that Autofab was working on a kit for the 4th generation F-body. Unfortunately there is not a lot of information on their website. You will probably have to call them if you want any information. They do have contact info on their website.