Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

rear coilover

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 07:37 AM

rear coilover

anyone ever use the rear coilover kit from spohn? how good are they and is it worth the money?
Old 06-18-2010, 11:37 AM

Nobody has any info? Injuneer you suggested them in another post. You have no info?
Old 06-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Administrator

I know it exists, and I've discussed the kit's design directly with Steve Spohn. Seems to be very well made, particularly the reinforcement that gets welded to the upper shock mount in the unibody. I don't think other kits provide that. The QA1 shocks are a great drag shock, but an average road shock.

Other than that, I have not used it and I don't personally know anyone who has.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:05 AM

I have them

I actually have the complete coil over kit from spohn, front and rear. I have not drag raced my car yet, but I have some general info about the setup. Installation, is easy, and is a great kit! The shock tower supports are a PITA to weld in, but look very functional. I have a 9" mosier rear and had no issues with clearance, as I know some people complained about that. A real complaint I had, for fronts though, was the springs they reccomended dropped my nose on the ground... 150lb springs. Said they were for drag racing, but apparently for a stripped down LS car. Rears are fairly easy to adjust ride height, but fronts are a PITA. Seems to ride pretty nice, I can feel really nice weight transfer when I am getting traction, and truthfully with my setup I get ALOT more traction than I used to! My second complaint, which is still a maybe, is I have a BAD clunk under heavy throttle...sounds like tranny mount clunk, but its not. I notice nose of the rear end is able to move, about 5 degrees up or more, which I am pretty sure is my clunk. Not sure if its due to the softer spring setup, or because my torque arm bushings are messed up. Not sure, but any more questions hit me up, I may have some pic's floating around too