Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Rear end bottoms out all the time. Why?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 07:12 PM

Rear end bottoms out all the time. Why?

Well, the car has 315's on it with the +35mm offset, so obviously this doesnt help the cars situation, but even so, I dont think this is normal. I have cut and rolled the fender lips all the way under, touching the backside of the fenders. I have clearenced inside the fender well as well. I also installed some Hal 12 way shocks all around to help with this. Even with the shocks set very firm (level 9), it still scrapes the tires on sweeping bumps and sudden potholes. It is hard to believe this because I have stock springs and ride height all around and I cannot push on the rear of the car and make it move at all. I mean, absolutly no movement up and down when I press on it.

Any other ideas that I can check? I do think the bumpstops have seen better days, but I dont think I should rely on them all the time.

Thanks,
James

-on a side note, my front end seems very disconnected from the road on rough roads since I put in my new engine and my passenger side strut seems to be really oily. any ideas there?
Old 08-08-2005, 11:49 AM

Re: Rear end bottoms out all the time. Why?

try taking out your bumpstops. if you've done that, try an adjustable panhard rod/lca combo. the panhard rod will help mor than the lca, but still would be better to have both. if the problem still persists, i'd say rais it up a half inch or so...then go another half inch until it stops.