Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Rear suspension noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 04:29 PM

Question Rear suspension noise

I've had rear suspension "noise" as long as I've had my car. The noise used to only occur on speed bumps, but now happens any time there is any bumps on the rear suspension. The best description I can give is that it sounds like an old, creeky bed.

While my car was in the shop, one of the guys said the bushings were dry and that they greased them. The noise went away a little, but eventually came back.

Anyone know where the grease spots are...I couldn't see anything. Suspension is all stock 4th gen stuff...except for some Bilsteins.

Thanks.

Last edited by ImportKILLER; 06-14-2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:32 PM

Re: Rear suspension noise

Originally Posted by ImportKILLER
I've had rear suspension "noise" as long as I've had my car. The noise used to only occur on speed bumps, but now happens any time there is any bumps on the rear suspension. The best description I can give is that it sounds like an old, creeky bed.

While my car was in the shop, one of the guys said the bushings were dry and that they greased them. The noise went away a little, but eventually came back.

Anyone know where the grease spots are...I couldn't see anything. Suspension is all stock 4th gen stuff...except for some Bilsteins.

Thanks.
The stock suspension has no grease points at all. All rubber bushings.

You could spray them with silcone, but they are wearing out if they are squeaking.

Z28