Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Rear suspension questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 12:42 PM

Rear suspension questions

Hey all,

This is a what would you do and why type thread so please share your thoughts...

I am planning on getting SFC's no mater what, since the last time I raced the car and cut a decent 60', by the end of the track when I finally let off I could then hear a lot of wind noise I looked over and saw my door popped open. Not completely just not fully closed like if you barely shut it...

And as the car sits right now I took the rear sway bar off when I broke one of the endlinks, so I got new poly endlinks, but I am thinking of upgrading the swaybar now that I felt how flimsy the stocker is. Should I opt for the cheeper 1" Spohn bar for now and upgrade later to the wolfe (remeber this is still a 10 bolt) or work on other suspension stuff first?

Oh yeah this car is starting it's transition from DD to track/partime street use.

What order would you do your rear suspension, if you were on a budget?

I was thinking do the SFC's and 1" swaybar and possibly poly bushings for the stock stuff now, then maybe next year or later in the season pick up the LCA's, PHR, and Torque Arm. Is this a bad idea and if so why?
Old 12-18-2006, 01:19 PM

LCAs are probably one of the first things I would do as well as the SFCs and maybe LCA relocation brackets. Those right there should help plant your tires better and they are pretty cost friendly mods. A thick track duty swaybar and torque arm are good mods to have if your car is going to see alot of drag strip action and the power warrants it, but they will also cost you a good amount of change.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by 2000GTP
LCAs are probably one of the first things I would do as well as the SFCs and maybe LCA relocation brackets. Those right there should help plant your tires better and they are pretty cost friendly mods. A thick track duty swaybar and torque arm are good mods to have if your car is going to see alot of drag strip action and the power warrants it, but they will also cost you a good amount of change.
the 1" spohn is less then $150 and it comes with all the hardware and bushings needed. But I hear you on the part about needing the power to warrant it, how wuch would that be? BTW this car will see more track time then normal driving street time, and most of that street time is me driving it to the track. I think I only drove my car to work or some oher place 3 times this year, other then that is was driven to the track or testing it out after get work done on it...
Old 12-18-2006, 03:50 PM

Like said, LCA's are a almost MUST for the rear! PHB and a new sway bar for drag use is also a MUST. Well, the PHB, maybe not so much. You could substitute the price of a PHB and add a couple hundred extra to get some QA1 adjustable rear shox.

TQ arms are pricey but you will need it eventually. IT helps with better power transfer. -Less lost thru any kind of twist in the stocker.

Everything sounds right to me... Have at it!...

Originally Posted by 1SlowFormula
the 1" spohn is less then $150 and it comes with all the hardware and bushings needed. But I hear you on the part about needing the power to warrant it, how wuch would that be? BTW this car will see more track time then normal driving street time, and most of that street time is me driving it to the track. I think I only drove my car to work or some oher place 3 times this year, other then that is was driven to the track or testing it out after get work done on it...

If you get it now, it will be one less part you'll need when you get the power up.