Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

rearend or body dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 04:02 PM

Question rearend or body dimensions

i recently bent an axle and rim and cannot find any info to align the rear end up. the axle and rim are replaced also i have added U.M.I. adjustable rear control arms and a lake wood adjustable pan hard rod . because they were slightly bent as well. after bolting these parts up by aligning them up by the holes there is a problem somewhere. do you think a 4 wheel alignment will cure this . ? but if any one can help with the body specs or a link i would greatly appreciate it . thanks fellas.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Administrator

Guessing that you are asking about a 3rd or 4th Gen (why not add a "signature" with basic info about your car - year, model, etc.?) - Since its a solid rear axle assembly, the specs are simply that the axles are perfectly perpendicular to the longitudinal axis (centerline) of the car, the wheels have to be perfectly parallel to the longitudinal axis (point straight ahead), and the wheels need to be equidistant from the centerline of the vehicle.

First you need to make sure the axle housing was not bent. That's what holds the wheels parallel to each other. The adjustable lower control arms will allow you to set the axle assembly perpendicular to the centerline, and the adjustable panjhard rod will allow you to space the wheels equidistant from the centerline.

If the subframe was bent, or the mounting points for the LCA's and panhard rod, the subframe will need to be straightend and squared first.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:47 PM

the frame hade to be pulled slightly, and every thing looks good but i know it is off a little. so i think i need to have a 4 wheel alignment and do the adjustments there, i hope this will work.