Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Relocation bracket problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 06:42 PM

Relocation bracket problem

I installed my BMR weld in relocation brakcets like 2 weeks ago. I noticed that afterwords, when I get on the freeway, my car pulls to the left like crazy. I have to have my wheel turned to the right like an inch and a half to keep going straight. I am assuming that in doing the brackets, the thrust angle(I think is what it is called) has been changed some. My question is would a normal alighnment correct this if I told them its pulling to the left? Would some adjustable control arms help this as well?
Old 08-29-2004, 07:19 PM

Re: Relocation bracket problem

Interesting, I haven't heard that one. If the rear axle is on an angle from the brackets, an alignment shop won't be able to fix it without adjustable control arms. Even then, there's only so far you can adjust. I'd try to get a measurement of how far off they are, first. If they're within 1/2" or so of each other, then adjustable arms would be able to correct the situation. More than that and you're going to have to remove one of the brackets and straighten things out.

Dave