Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Rotors and Pads replacing: I think they were playing me for a sucker

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 02:57 PM

Re: Rotors and Pads replacing: I think they were playing me for a sucker

Yup I knew nothing about the brakes on my car, www.installuniversity.com, tells u everything you need, including tools, sizes everything. Buy some brembo rotors from tirerack, hawk pads, and have at it. Woah, well actually just my opinion, u can spend all day reading brake debates, but anyways, you get my drift YOU can do it. My main recommendation though is once you get started, those rotors can be a bastard to get off! So if they dont give, unload where they touch the axle with wd40 or some other penetrating lube. Let it sit for half an hour. Come back and a couple firm pounds should leave u A OK. Feel free to IM or PM me if u need some help. Use the money u saved to get some better rotors
Old 09-29-2004, 08:48 PM

Re: Rotors and Pads replacing: I think they were playing me for a sucker

Originally Posted by burnout04
Yup I knew nothing about the brakes on my car, www.installuniversity.com, tells u everything you need, including tools, sizes everything. Buy some brembo rotors from tirerack, hawk pads, and have at it. Woah, well actually just my opinion, u can spend all day reading brake debates, but anyways, you get my drift YOU can do it. My main recommendation though is once you get started, those rotors can be a bastard to get off! So if they dont give, unload where they touch the axle with wd40 or some other penetrating lube. Let it sit for half an hour. Come back and a couple firm pounds should leave u A OK. Feel free to IM or PM me if u need some help. Use the money u saved to get some better rotors
Thanks, and thanks to everyone who has contributed. I will be doing them myself. I just need a weekend with some time to do it right.