Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Service announcement, Koni prices going up 4/1

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 02:44 PM

Service announcement, Koni prices going up 4/1

UPDATE!!!!!!

New Koni list pricing has been announced.
Koni shocks commonly sell for approx. 30% of retail.

Retail on 4th gen shocks is going from $322 each front to $354 each. Rears are going from $216 each to $222 each. And the alternate rear shock some use (30-1265 Sport) retail price going from $146 to $155 each.

I'm trying to not step on toes here, which is why I'm not posting any of my pricing. Call your favorite vendor for pricing, whoever that may be. This is merely a heads up so fellow f-body folks don't get hosed after 4/1.

If you are looking at Koni's, it would be a wise financial move to order before the end of month.......
Old 03-11-2005, 07:24 AM

Re: Service announcement, Koni prices going up 4/1

Ive got a convertible with QA1 rod ends on the PHB and LCAs in the rear. Also have GW Subframes, 6 pt. roll bars coming soon. All else is stock for now. The cars 'alter ego' is drag racing no autocross, (concerned about weight too) but it also gets 10000+ annual street miles.

Which shocks/springs should I run? Are Koni's the best choice for my application? Should they be adjustable? Or should I get HAL coil overs?

Re: springs. Im not so sure I want to lower the car as the nose scrapes all over town as it is and the subframes reduce clearance underneath about 3/4".

Not intending to jack the thread but if I need Koni's I want them soon.

Thanks.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:40 PM

Re: Service announcement, Koni prices going up 4/1

Given what little I know, I cannot recommend something in good faith. We'd have to discuss on the phone so I can get all the details I need, and you can understand the issues and details and how they effect you.

I will say you can't go wrong with Koni's, they are awesome and capable of a lot of things. For instance, they handle. But if you want to go to the strip you can soften the front rebound way up for weight transfer. They can handle higher rate or lower springs. They have a broad adjustment that means you can set them for a stock type spring as well. I'm running the same Koni's on my car with 600 pound front springs that I did with stock springs. Just a slighly different settting.

However, you might have other options. Just don't know until we can explore them..