Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Which setting for LCA relocation brackets?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 04:27 PM

Which setting for LCA relocation brackets?

I am about to install a set of J&M products relocation bracksts. Wondering which set of lowering holes I should use on a car with a 1" drop using BMR springs.

I know the rear of the control arm should be lower than the front, but I'm sure too low is no good either.

thanks guys
Old 09-28-2006, 12:13 AM

Re: Which setting for LCA relocation brackets?

The lower you go on the RLB, the more straight line grip you will gain, and less (or no) wheelhop. The drawback is that the car will have more of a tendancy towards oversteer in high-G handling situations, as you go lower on the rear of the LCAs.

I'm using the bottom holes in my RLBs without any problems... and my car is stock ride height.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:10 AM

On a daily driver I'd use the top hole. For best all around handling you want the LCA to be about level.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:28 AM

i cant wait to get my relocation brackets in and see how they feel with the LCAs i have in my room.. I was wondering this question too.. i was thinking about goign to the bottom hole.. its a daily driver but i want to get the most out of it
Old 09-29-2006, 03:53 PM

well as already mentioned, yo use the bottom hole and you are going to expierence more oversteer, in straightline acceleration your car will stick well though, keeping it close to level will be advantageous in cornering and general day to day activities, the stock location generally leave a bit to be desired if your lowered though
Old 09-29-2006, 05:15 PM

if you do lowering springs then you'll throw off the sway bars too. they need to be parallel to the ground at ride height. so...buy some new ones and cut the metal sleeve they come with to make it level.

also, the lower control arms are supposed to be level with the ground at ride height too. if you have them angled down/rear then you'll have more bite during launch. if you angle them up you'll have problems launching.