Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

SFC 3 point connection worth extra $$$?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 06:14 AM

More than one way to skin a cat- UMI, and others, make both replacement torque arms and a relocation bracket for stock torque arms- I didn't like the way the stock torque arm transfers the load to the tail of the transmission, so I wanted to move that loading to the chassis rather than putting even more stress on the tail of the transmission. Also, the stock arm is rather flimsy, in my opinion, just corrugated sheet metal- I am more confident in the adjustable torque arm that was shown in that link- but you can get as simple or over-built as you want, and your checkbook allows-
Old 01-01-2010, 03:17 PM

I've got bolt in UMI's, they lined up perdectly when I got them, and the car had over 150k at the time too. You will not believe how much the car flexed after you put them on.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bowtie4life
I've got bolt in UMI's, they lined up perdectly when I got them, and the car had over 150k at the time too. You will not believe how much the car flexed after you put them on.
I know that everyone will say to get weld on SFCs over bolt on, and I want to go that way but I am just afraid that there is gonna be a time when I'll be working on my car and SFCs are gonna be in way, and I'll be saying I wish I went with bolt ons.

Yeah, I am so excited to get them finally. I heard nothing but good things about SFCs. I know I will regret not getting them sooner.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by alex-z28
I know that everyone will say to get weld on SFCs over bolt on, and I want to go that way but I am just afraid that there is gonna be a time when I'll be working on my car and SFCs are gonna be in way, and I'll be saying I wish I went with bolt ons.

Yeah, I am so excited to get them finally. I heard nothing but good things about SFCs. I know I will regret not getting them sooner.
I asked myself the same thing. I wasn't sure if the 3 pc would allow for certain exhaust clearances (putting on/taking off) stuff.. so thats why I went with the 2 pc as to not have to worry about it.