Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

slp suspension problems.. HELP ME PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 05:53 PM

Exclamation slp suspension problems.. HELP ME PLEASE

i had an slp level 1 suspesnion package installed on my 93 camaro z28 a month ago and it's been nothing but one big head ache. my "trailer arm" on the left side comes loose and rattles after just one day of driving or two to three launches. my mechanic though maybe the dealership put on the wrong bolt so he installed locking ones but they come loose too. is there some sort of bushing that belongs between the trailer arm and the bolt that holds it on?
or maybe a specific bolt that should be used on them? i dont even know if tahst what its called but that is what i was told...
please help i am running out of patience..
any idea what is wrong or where i could get the parts to fix it?
Old 05-21-2004, 01:16 PM

What are you referring to when you say "trailer arm"? Are you referring to one of the lower control arms (the two short arms that mount from the body to the axle on each side), or to the panhard rod (the long single arm that mounts from body to axle and goes across the car)? Either way, these parts are the same as stock but with heavier duty bushings and should fit just like the stock pieces that came off. No extra hardware should be needed and I honestly can't imagine why the bolt would be coming loose on one.