Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

so what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 01:36 PM

so what do you think?

k so I did a lot of searching and can't find an answer sooo here we go...

well I'm now looking at the suspension side of my car and wanted some opinions on what to get. I do not like the big fender gap that is there and thought of lowering it some, while still remaining drivable.

so my question is, what springs and shocks would be good to lower the car
1'', maintain drivability (ride nice), and also be good for some occasional track usage?

any good street/strip setups out there? I don't know much about the suspension side of things. I was looking at hotchkis springs, as they lower the car 1'' but am stuck on finding the right shocks. anyways any help would be appreciated. TIA

oh and also if you could add if I would need any other parts if I lowered it. like
lca etc..
Old 04-20-2007, 02:37 PM

Suspension is the first thing you should do.I have EiBach pro-kit and The ride is very nice and considering they are progressive, its even better. If you drop the car for sure you need Re-Location Brackets. Then get yourself some Control arms and Pan-Hard bar. That should give u a pretty good setup. Simply with suspension I knocked off .3 off my ET. As shocks, thats personal pref. and the willingness to spend some serious money.

Last edited by ConElite; 04-20-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:53 AM

I kinda asked this same question a while back. The answers that I got were that if you were going to lower it, you need the relocation brackets and panhard bar. For better results of course, you will need the lower control arms, but not a must. So far I have the first three things, and am going to get the control arms a little later.

As far as shocks, alot of people will tell you bilsteins. I have not replaced mine yet. I love the new ride of mine though already.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:37 AM

thanks for all the replies