Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Some questions...new to suspension...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 02:57 PM

Some questions...new to suspension...

Well...I just got my moser 12 bolt installed along with bmr lca's, tq arm and panhard rod. Now I wanna do springs and shocks. I am not quite sure what to get can anyone tell me what to get? What have you had good experience with and bad? Also...ever since I got my 12 bolt installed I noticed when I start driving from a stop there is a pretty loud creaking sound from the back of the car somewhere...any ideas?
Old 11-23-2004, 03:17 PM

Re: Some questions...new to suspension...

The noise is most likely from the new components. Are they poly or rod ended?

As for shocks, what is your goal? Mainly street driver? Mainly race car? What springs are you looking at?

Drag race only - QA1

Street use - Bilstein HD (with stock springs) or revalved Bilsteins (matched to your specific spring) or Koni SA
Old 11-23-2004, 04:11 PM

Im looking at a daily driver...slowly turning into a monster But really for now I just drive locally and I wanna go to the track maybe once a week...track is about an hour away and thats really the only highway miles I will be doing. I thought that those creaks could just be because of the new parts also. All the parts are BMR Tubular with poly bushings. When I looked under the car I pulled on the parts to make sure they were tight and it seemed the panhard rod was were the creak was coming from, but I am not sure.

I was looking at the BMR Springs or Eibach Drag Springs...but I am not really familiar with them. Now I am looking at bilstein shocks on tbyrne and they cost 379...is that for 4?
Old 11-23-2004, 08:39 PM

Yes, that is for 4, but your best bet would be to contact Sam Strano www.stranoparts.com He knows f-body suspension better than anyone I know.