Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Spohn adjustable torque arm(with or without the loop)??

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 08:00 PM

Spohn adjustable torque arm(with or without the loop)??

Ok im about(in a matters of minutes) to order my spohn adjustable torque arm.

Im getting this one for a security side.To replace the stock weak one thta put all the stress on the tranny.

Goal for the car= around 350hp at the wheel thats it.

Do i need a safety loop?

Do i need longuer bolts to install it?

Im getting this one for a security side.To replace the stock weak one that put all the stress on the tranny.

Thanks
Eric

Last edited by always faster; 07-13-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:11 PM

Re: Spohn adjustable torque arm(with or without the loop)??

Im checking this one and need info just to be sure:

http://rapidmotorsports.com/model_ca...=2&intYearId=2

Does this be the right one, number :sp-403 -Spohn 93-97 Adjustable Torque Arm, Chrome Moly Rod Ended Front Mount

Thank you
Old 07-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Administrator

NHRA requires a driveshaft loop on cars running 13.99 and quicker on slicks, and cars running 11.49 and quicker on street tires, and for any car running a spool. Good idea for a track car.

The Spohn TA includes the longer bolts for the front mount into the pads for the stock g-load brace. As I recall, you may have to delete any washers on the stock rear bolts..... too long ago I installed it.

Are you sure you want the spherical rod end? That's sort of hard-core racer application, and a bit noisy for a car driven regularly on the street. At the power levels you are looking at, the poly front bushing should be adequate.

Last edited by Injuneer; 07-13-2005 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
NHRA requires a driveshaft loop on cars running 13.99 and quicker on slicks, and cars running 11.49 and quicker on street tires, and for any car running a spool. Good idea for a track car.

The Spohn TA includes the longer bolts for the front mount into the pads for the stock g-load brace. As I recall, you may have to delete any washers on the stock rear bolts..... too long ago I installed it.

Are you sure you want the spherical rod end? That's sort of hard-core racer application, and a bit noisy for a car driven regularly on the street. At the power levels you are looking at, the poly front bushing should be adequate.

Ok im gonna be a once in a while a drag racer so with your explanation i think that i dont need the safety loop.But if i change my mind(in a couple of minute) do i need to take off my driveshaft to install the safety loop?

And last question .If im not taking the safety loop, this one would be the good choice:

http://rapidmotorsports.com/model_ca...=2&intYearId=2

Does every spohn torque arm attach on the cross member instead of the tranny? Because i dont see nothing on the description that tells me that this torque arm relocate the front mount.

And do im gonna have problem if my car as long tube headers?

Thanks a lot

Last edited by always faster; 07-13-2005 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:45 PM

http://www.spohn.net/product.cfm?productid=1331
They have a version made for LT headers. You might have problems with the ones you posted if you have LTs.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:40 AM

a body mount TA rides much much worse then stock
Old 07-17-2005, 07:17 PM

I know that you have probably already ordered your TA, but here's my .02...Get the one that mounts to your floor brace with the poly front bushing. Also, if your car is not lowered...get both front and rear DS loops...Its worth the extra $$$. I broke my DS in half on the dyno not too long ago and while having a front loop helped, it was the rear of the shaft that went thru my floor, took out my e-brake cables and made a hell of a mess...I have since installed the Spohn floor brace mounted TA with both loops. I can tell of no ride quality difference over my old trans mounted Spohn TA (which unfortunately died in the driveshaft incident...) Its one good looking beefy piece...

--Alan