Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

spohn manual rack kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 11:13 AM

spohn manual rack kit

i just got the kit from spohn, the rack fit ok on their k member, but the bump steer kit doee not. the part that fits into the spindle hits the inside of my stock rims, so i called and the chick said that steve would call me in a few mins to talk about the issue. never called. she said it should work fine with the stock wheels, but i cant even bolt the wheel on casue it hits the bolt comming down from the spindle.

also, what angle should the tie rods comming out of the rack be at? the rack is bolted onto the k member, and the tie rods point down at a pretty good angle

so should i adjust the bumpsteer piece the whole way up on the bolt, and cut the bottom threads off so i can put my wheels on?

id like to get this done today, and spohn is not open so i cant talk to them.

also the shaft where it attachs to the rack, it doesnt seem to want to go on, should it be hard to fit together? it looks like it wants to round the teeth off when i try to put it on, i only tapped on it a few times, but it only went on maybe 1/16. and it look like the teeth were rounding. the girl at spohn just told me to keep tapping it on and go slow and it will be alright...

what ya guys think? thanks for the help!!
Old 06-26-2010, 03:59 PM

also, i have the stock 16 x 8's (i think 8's)

if i go to 17 x 9.5 zr1 wheels, will i have problems rubbing when turning?

anyone have any imput? id like to get this done and im kinda stumped?!?!?!?!