Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Spohn Problems....

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 04:13 AM
Advanced Member

Spohn Problems....

For those that have the SPohn TQ arm... and Diamond Subframe connectors... where in the h3ll did you find the longer bolts needed to bolt the thing in under the chassy? I can't find this d@mn bolt anywhere... it's getting annoying... is there a place online that sells the 8 grade metric bolt...

Old 01-20-2005, 10:17 AM

Re: Spohn Problems....

you should be able to pick them up at any hardware store..If you get the instructions that were provided with the torque arm, it tells you the specs of the bolt needed. Good luck.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:24 AM
Administrator

1. Suspension problems belong on the "Suspension...." forum, not on LT1 Engine Tech.

2. I don't see this as a "Spohn" problem... he can't be expected to anticipate every possible combination of installs. All you need to do is buy new bolts. Try McMaster-Carr if you can't find them at your local hardware store.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Originally Posted by Injuneer
1. Suspension problems belong on the "Suspension...." forum, not on LT1 Engine Tech.

2. I don't see this as a "Spohn" problem... he can't be expected to anticipate every possible combination of installs. All you need to do is buy new bolts. Try McMaster-Carr if you can't find them at your local hardware store.
Woa... easy thurr.... I wasn't bad mouthing or complaining about spohn... this torque arm is awsome and worth every penny... Quality up and down... I"m just asking where I can find the longer bolts for it... like if anyone knew of a place online or something.. because I"ve been every where with the bolt specs in hand...and no one carries the bolt. I've stopped down every store from Napa to Homdepot...with no look... even hitting up local hardwares... just need some direction.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Banned

Go to a good bolt supplier.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
Woa... easy thurr.... I wasn't bad mouthing or complaining about spohn... this torque arm is awsome and worth every penny... Quality up and down...
You're the one who typed "Spohn Problems...." for the topic. In fact, the problem is "I can't find bolts...."
I"m just asking where I can find the longer bolts for it... like if anyone knew of a place online or something.. because I"ve been every where with the bolt specs in hand...and no one carries the bolt. I've stopped down every store from Napa to Homdepot...with no look... even hitting up local hardwares... just need some direction.
And I told you to try McMaster-Carr.... that is a "place online."
Old 01-22-2005, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
You're the one who typed "Spohn Problems...." for the topic. In fact, the problem is "I can't find bolts...."

And I told you to try McMaster-Carr.... that is a "place online."
Jeez, takin it a little personal aint ya. I mean there is life outside the camaro forum. Wasnt like it was a vulgar post or anything.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:57 AM
Texas Moderator (1998-2009)

They're M8 - 1.25 pitch.. Lowe's has them As does Home Depot.

Problem solved
Old 01-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Advanced Member

I'll check again today at a different Hondedepot... thanks man...

Old 01-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Texas Moderator (1998-2009)

Lowes might be a better bet, they usually have a better selection of bolts and such. Been my experience anyway.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
For those that have the SPohn TQ arm... and Diamond Subframe connectors... where in the h3ll did you find the longer bolts needed to bolt the thing in under the chassy? I can't find this d@mn bolt anywhere... it's getting annoying... is there a place online that sells the 8 grade metric bolt...

Spohn has them, you must have forgotten to order them with your parts.............seems like YOUR problem, not a Spohn problem.

+1 for the Spohn stuff, I have LOTS of Spohn parts on my car