Suspension, Chassis, and Brakes Shocks, springs, cages, brakes, sub-frame connectors, etc.

Spohn Suspension parts collor????

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 02:45 PM

Spohn Suspension parts collor????

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...60#post2582060 thread deleted by mistake

If anyone knows or knows anyone at Spohn PLEASE let me know!

Steve, I bought a used Spohn non ADJ Panhard rod used for $40 bucks and its back so I was just going to paint it red. I e-mailed you asking if you guys knew a red paint that came close to matching your red powder coating and never got a reply. I just got some Spohn non ADJ LCA's from Speed-eng. There was no option on their site for the collor you want and I did not think to ask and I double checked and still found nothing, I assume they only do black or something??? I got them in the mail yesterday and they are black and I was wanting my parts to be red to go with my black car and soon the car will look just as good underneath as it does on the outside. I respect your opinion and if you think i should just leave them black then thats what I will do, or if you wanted to swap me for red ones then I could do that also.

Last edited by YZF/LS1 Freak; 10-27-2004 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Re: Spohn Suspension parts collor????

I sent Steve a personal e-mail, with this link. He usually answers my requests. Are you sure you want to "paint" parts that are already powder coated? Have the parts been installed yet? Perhaps for the cost of shipping, you could get Spohn to exchange them.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:41 PM

Ok thanks, I thought his operation was a big one but thumbs up to him for being able to supply quality and proven parts on time with a small crew.

I still have the box and the arms are still in the bubble wrap. I was just going to take them to school and mask everything off, strip it and then paint them. I may just leave everything black and go from there. OR he could help me with choosing an ADJ torque arm (car will be droped and have LT headers) and get speed-eng to give me a good deal on it (I would like a spohn but am worried about clearance and would like his thoughts) and then I would be more than happpy but I can not buy one right this second.

Last edited by YZF/LS1 Freak; 10-27-2004 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Administrator

I sent you a PM with the info I got back from Steve Spohn.

Fred
Old 10-28-2004, 09:38 AM

LOL damn, you e-mail someone who is respected in the f-body world get nothing back, someone else e-mails them a link and they reply to that person and not the original customer.........
I guess I don't have to get my other suspension parts from Spohn or speed-eng for that matter.....

Thanks for the pics and the help. I might just paint them that collor.

Thanks Steve and speed-eng....
Old 10-28-2004, 12:07 PM

spohn makes great stuff and has super service. did you try calling them? they ansqwered every question i had and were very helpfull. then agagin i did purchase all my stuff direct from them and had no problmes. during ordering i could select my colors (red). i have never heard bad of steve or his products. maybe you need to call them direct rather than letting z28.com do it for you? it sounds like a simple problem with you ordering the wrong color from a 2nd source for spohn products.

jeff
Old 10-28-2004, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffw
spohn makes great stuff and has super service. did you try calling them? they ansqwered every question i had and were very helpfull. then agagin i did purchase all my stuff direct from them and had no problmes. during ordering i could select my colors (red). i have never heard bad of steve or his products. maybe you need to call them direct rather than letting z28.com do it for you? it sounds like a simple problem with you ordering the wrong color from a 2nd source for spohn products.

jeff

I am going to call him, I am just very busy and can't do it on the spur of the moment, I am in school from 7:30am to 2pm then I go directly to work untill 11pm and get home close to midnight.

I have learned my lesson not to go threw suppliers. I got them on sale and thats why I went threw them. Tunderracing so far is the only distributor that I trust that I have delt with.

On the speed-eng site it says available in red or black but no option to click on so I guess you put it in the comment box????
I will call them also and see whats up, you would think they would e-mail you and ask you if there was a specific collor you wanted. All well.
I will call Steve and speed. I love his products, I just like customer service.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by YZF/LS1 Freak
LOL damn, you e-mail someone who is respected in the f-body world get nothing back, someone else e-mails them a link and they reply to that person and not the original customer.........
I guess I don't have to get my other suspension parts from Spohn or speed-eng for that matter.....

Thanks Steve and speed-eng....
Has nothing to do with respect or buying parts.... I have worked with Steve on a couple of his projects. He installed all the Spohn parts on my car. I've set up a sponsorship between Spohn and a friend with an 8-second 30th SS..... we talk to each other.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:30 PM

Well I will call him and talk to him next week. I would just like to know why I never got an e-mail from him the first or second time. I don't care about the parts being back, not his fault. Ill just have him help me pick a TQ arm and Ill be happy. Then I will call speed-eng and ask them why there is no option for collor.

Hmmmm sponsorship..... one of those would be nice

Last edited by YZF/LS1 Freak; 10-28-2004 at 08:33 PM.